Sunday, January 15, 2012

Art for Art's Sake:LightseekerZ

World famous blogspot Papasgotabrandnewblog is proud to present a world premiere of gynormous proportions with the first public showing of a major new work by Santiago based experimental artist Experiment SH1310. LightseekerZ is a visual feast for the eyes which is loosely connected with various art forms such as computer art, digital art and digital painting. The new piece breaks the mould of the aforementioned digital art movements because it is accompanied by a soundtrack and has been heavily edited. However, according to the artist, the inclusion of a soundtrack is due to the medium of exhibition being used. “Under normal conditions the piece would be played on a continuous loop with only the original audio from the “live” recording which, apart from video editing processes, remains untreated. This in itself breaks some of the rules of other digital art forms as they increasingly tend to be silent footage. However, my way of working often involves layers of ambient sound such as those found at the beginning of the piece being presented here. Given the fact that this version of LightseekerZ is being exhibited on an online platform I thought it only fitting that it should be accompanied by an appropriate soundtrack. “ This exclusive premiere is part of world famous blogspot Papasgotabrandnewblog’s 10,000th hit celebrations which, although being carefully prepared to coincide with the start of the Chinese Year of the Dragon which begins on January 23rd, is likely to occur in the next few days, thus jumping the gun by approximately one week. The soundtrack is an original creation featuring cult Paekakariki based songstress Hetty Hope who is one half of legendary New Zealand based duo Dovetails.



Editor's note: Due to page width restrictions the video is not viewable in its full glory. Please paste: http://www.youtube.com/embed/AQsVEl6k7qQ into a new tab, turm up the volume, switch off the lights and enjoy.

14 comments:

Countess 10,000 said...

I like the way it looks and the way it sounds. I like the way it makes my body sway and my eyes play.

Countess 10,000 said...

Ooo! I popped back to have a little check and the counter just did a double jump!

Interestink.

Countless 10,000 said...

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, its super man!

Anonymous said...

Oh I've arrived too soon. Never mind.

Anonymous said...

Oh, me too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, me three.

Countess 10,000 said...

I claim the prize. It's all mine.

Is there anybody there?
Here am I floating in a tin can....
I like the way nobody responds, not.

Editor, can you please inform me of the dates of my trip, which airline, the name of the hotel, etc. Oh, and how much spending money I get.

I look forward to the article all about me, I mean it.

Countess 10,000 said...

I like the way I count.

Anonymous said...

Too many flying phalluses for a nice Catholic boy like you.

T said...

Fab film which works so well with the music. I used to go to experimental music and film nights in a tower in the wall in Newcastle, it would have gone down a treat there.

Countess 10,000 said...

Arty farty, where's my prize?!

Anonymous said...

Tory Burch Sandals females in the complaint high-heeled shoes opposition high-heeled shoes, the Genghis Khan 2 promotion codes their major reason are: The high-heeled shoes are one kind of oppressive full performance, will put on the high-heeled shoes very not to be comfortable the foot, even will be very painful, moreover easy to trip and fall. This is actually they do not have put on the high-heeled shoes to the material base causes Tory Burch Boots.
The Genghis Khan 2 gift parcels consider put on the high-heeled shoes only lightly to move in smooth the extremely road surface jogging, also how to get so far as the foot pain Tory Burch Flats? Therefore is putting on the high-heeled shoes is aristocrat's symbol, also even if therefore the ordinary female will put on the high-heeled shoes also to increase suddenly several point aristocrat makings and elegant, this kind of aristocrat makings often may give the human by the pleasant change of atmosphere unusual refined feeling. Today the instruction puts on the high-heeled shoes for everybody ten big secrets Tory Burch Flip Flops.

lin741852 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.