Monday, August 29, 2011

Bread Winner


In the most blatant exhibition of blowing your own trumpet since Mohammed Ali last stepped into a ring, World famous blogspot, Papasgotabrandnewblog, is promoting its own success in the world's first blogspot bread making competition. Despite winning by default (there were no other competitors) the blog's backroom staff partied all night long.
However, a former employee of the blog, who refused to be named for legal reasons, claimed that the award was a cheap attempt to divert attention from the blog's involvement in the recent News of the World phone-tapping scandal.
The blog refused to comment on these allegations but did make the following victory statement:

"World famous blogspot Papasgotabrandnewblog would like to congratulate itself on winning such a prestigious competition. Our lack of publication in the last few weeks has nothing to do with anything so we won't even mention it. Ladies and gentlemen, please raise your glasses in a toast to bread!"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SALUD! XX

I've been making bread for years and I'm not massively impressed from Bristol said...

Well, actually, I'VE ACTUALLY WON an actual bread competition prize. Just last year I WON FIRST PRIZE for MY BREAD. Okay, so I WON FIRST PRIZE (including 50p) at a village show (for a 1lb loaf) but it did happen to be judged by a MASTER BAKER (not Josh or Mr R Baker). Through the grapevine, it came back, that he, THE MASTER BAKER was VERY IMPRESSED. An even though, I MAKE GREAT BREAD; GREAT PRIZE WINNING BREAD, I don't possess the vanity to take a photograph of it. So sadly even though I make truly madly deeply the MOST DELICIOUS LOAVES I have no photograph of the beautiful stuff. (Pizzas are a different matter).

Anonymous said...

yeah right!

Car Auctions said...

Hi,
Faljo.com - Your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks

Online E-Learning Software said...

Hi,
We have an site study8home, Which promised to provide complete e-learning website and software solution and strive for customer satisfaction. Our e-learning software powers your online education with reliability and predictable costs.

Groupon Clone Software said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks

GPS Tracker said...

Nice Post!
I am really glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!